S/S Skjelskør was built in 1915 at J. Ring Andersen's Steel Shipyard on Frederiksøen in Svendborg, for the route between Skælskør and the islands of Agersø and Omø.
Ship Type: Ice Reinforced Cargo and Passenger Ship.
Class: Bureau Veritas. From September 1963 the Directorate for State Shipping Inspection, later the Danish Maritime Authority.
Tonnage: 49.25 GRT - 20.36 NRT. Measured in 1964.
Speed: approx. 9.5 knots.
Dimensions: 20.57/18.29 x 4.29 x 1.85m. Loaded draft 1.75m.
Dead weight: 17 tons. Displacement fully loaded: 83 tonnes.
The ship is owned and operated today by the Association for the Preservation of Old Ships. www.dampskib.dk. The ship belongs in Frederikssund